I don’t have enough good things to say about Ray Figgs.
Ray is a founding partner of 8and9 Clothing Company. 8and9 is one of the most successful and longest running street wear brands of the last decade. This brand has been setting trends of street wear and sneaker match culture since its birth.
One of the reasons why I admire Ray and the brand so much is because in fashion, trends and culture changes so fast and it can be very tempting to change your brand identity to try and fit in with what’s “hot” at the moment. But Ray and the entire team at 8and9 have always manages to balance the changing of the tides while staying true to their brand identity and family first culture.
It’s an amazing success story and Ray has so much insight for anyone looking to start their own clothing brand.
In this episode we talk about…
- How 8and9 got started, and how it was almost doomed to fail from the very start.
- The daily grind of running of a clothing line that no one ever sees.
- What really happens when you pass that threshold of success.
- What it’s like to constantly travel the country and the world while repping your brand.
- What it feels like to see people walking down the street wearing your ideas.
- What the future holds for 8and9.
8and9 Offical Website – Click this link to shop the latest gear. (P.S. Using this link will get you 10% off your order.)
8and9 Instagram – The best way to keep up with the latest releases as well as pick your favorite sneaker match outfits.