My guest today is Steph Smith.
Steph Smith is a writer, a traveler and currently is leading the team at Trends. Trends is the product associated with The Hustle. You may know them from their insanely popular daily newsletter.
Recently, Steph published an epic guide and resource for people who want to improve their writing skills and create written content for the internet. The guide, entitled “Doing Content Right”, has sold more than 1500 copies and has earned Steph over $40,000 in the first few months of sale.
I’ve read it and it’s a masterful piece of work.
In our podcast, Steph and I spoke about the art of writing, what it means to work in public and well as her past experiences as an engineer, and how her journey of traveling the world eventually brought her to be the team lead at Trends.
Steph has mountains of wisdom to share and she does so with grace.
I loved our conversation and I know you will too.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Steph traveled the world while working from her lap top
- How Steph went from being a chemical engineer to the lead at Trends
- What it means to “work in public.” (Without being gimmicky)
- How Steph made $40,000 in the first month of her book sale
- Follow Steph’s blog
- Follow Steph on Twitter
- The Hustle
- Doing Content Right (Steph’s brilliant ebook)