If you don’t invest in yourself, who else is going to?
So what does investing in yourself look like? I suppose this is different for everyone, but for me it means…
- continuing to educate myself so that I am valuable in the marketplace.
- reading, as much as I can.
- it means putting money into the stock market every week, no matter what.
- supporting my team and my peers, because I benefit from being around competent people.
- investing in my health by spending the extra money on healthy foods and spending time to stay fit.
- spending the money on courses or workshops or anything that will help me stay sharp and constantly improve my skills.
- staying focused while I work to guarantee that I am getting the most out of my time.
No one else is going to invest in you. No one else owes you anything. Everyone has their own problems to deal with. Your best bet is to accept and acknowledge, as soon as possible, that you are the only one who is responsible for the development of you.
You are in charge of you. No one else.
Some people may have more support or may have more resources, but everyone has the chance to invest in themselves.
Bet on your own future.