Media publications are in trouble.
It’s becoming more and more difficult to create and sustain media companies that rely on advertising as the main source of revenue.
There is real opportunity in the changing of the guard.
Gonz Sanchez is a friend of mine who is doing brilliant work as the creator of Seedtable. Seedtable is a high quality, subscription-based newsletter that provides “an authentic analysis of European tech every Friday.”
Gonz is one of the most impressive people I know. He writes such high-quality content and he is constantly on the cutting edge of what it means to be a content producer. He is building a sustainable business with the holy grail of all online business.
Monthly Recurring Revenue
Gonz and I have a wide-ranging conversation that goes deep into how he created his newsletter, the process he took to create a subscription model, and what some of the pros and cons of this model are.
We also dove deep into the landscape of European tech, and Gonz is truly one of the world’s foremost thought leaders on the subject.
I loved speaking to Gonz. I know he and I will continue to learn from each other.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Gonz built such a strong and loyal audience.
- The value of constantly publishing thoughtful, in-depth, long-form content.
- The success (and struggles) and switching to a monthly paid model.
- Why Gonz built his entire business on a custom platform.
- Why European tech is unlike any other tech sector in the world.
- How Gonz will continue to use free content (such as a podcast or weekly snippets) to promote his membership platform.
- Subscribe to Seedtable
- Sign up for a membership
- Gonz’s personal blog and newsletter
- Follow Gonz on Twitter
Leave a Reply