Ethan Brooks is a lead data analyst for The Hustle and for Trends.
Ethan and I have been Twitter buddies for a few years, and his work has always been impressive. I wanted to have him on my show to catch up and to talk about what he has been up to, but the conversation took a different turn and brought us to a fascinating concept.
Over the last year, Ethan has been developing a guideline and a playbook for creating a successful newsletter.
His team has been interviewing creators and entrepreneurs of successful newsletters to discover the strategies they used to build million dollar companies.
He interviewed people from Morning Brew, he interviewed James Altucher and Codie Sanchez.
After months of research, he created a playbook which has helped all of these entrepreneurs create newsletters and successfully monetize them.
Ethan is an expert in this subject. He has done more research on newsletters and what makes them work than anyone else. I highly recommend listening to this episode.
In this episode, we talked about…
- What are the different stages of newsletter growth
- If it’s better to be a free newsletter or have a paid subscription
- The best monetization methods
- How to scale your content as your audience grows
- The Hustle
- Follow Ethan on Twitter
- A Twitter thread Ethan made that lays out this information in more detail.