Service businesses have a problem. They can only scale their business in proportion to the amount of time they can buy.
If they sign new clients, that means they need to be able to serve those clients which means they need to hire more employees. If you are doing service work, there is only so much you can increase your prices before you hit a ceiling.
So how do we scale a service business such as an agency? How do we free up our time while simultaneously increasing our profits?
This is where Brian Casel comes in.
Brian is the founder of Audience Opps, which is a productized content agency that has found a great way to deliver high quality content to clients while scaling the business.
Brian has taken the lessons he has learned from audience opps and created software products and education products that help other agency owner develop these processes into their own work flow so they can automate their businesses and make more money.
I’ve been a fan of Brian’s work since I first heard him on the Unemployable podcast a few years ago. Since then, I have enjoyed watching him “build in public” while he develops and ships his own products and continues to grow a significant business.
I had a great time talking to him and I know you will enjoy his insight. Please help me welcome, Brian Casel.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Why it’s always a good reason to start a service business
- How Brian first discovered the concept of “productized services” with his company, Restaurant Engine.
- Why Brian continues to build in public.
- How Brian taught himself how to develop successful software companies.
- Why you should treat your agency as an asset.
- AudienceOpps – Brian’s productized service business
- ProcessKit – A software product designed to help you and your team document your processes and actually put them to work in smart, automated workflows.
- Follow Brian on Twitter
Leave a Reply